The concept of electronic commerce (E-COM)
The concept of electronic commerce is a process of buying and selling goods and services via the Internet, its users may perform all purchases via computers, in addition to any other communication methods, which are phones, smartwatches or digital aid such as Echo devices that come through the Amazon website.
E-commerce between companies and consumers is a retail sale or another company directly to customers known to them, but if the e-commerce deals with companies and some of them in terms of sale and purchase, in all cases its goal is the ability of customers to buy anything anytime in any place through Use its own digital device.
- Basic e-commerce types:
1. Trade between companies (B2B):
The B2B e-commerce is defined as a deal between two companies, as it contains many companies, which is HubSpot, which offers various programs such as marketing and sales received, and Xero responsible for accounting programs for small and medium companies together.
2. E-commerce between companies and consumers (B2C):
E-commerce among the B2C companies is known as a special field for selling any producer to its customers in addition to retail via the Internet through the Drop Shipping site that does business to reach the desired consumer model.
3. E-commerce from the consumer for the consumer (C2C):
C2C e-commerce is known as the sale of the consumer directly to customers. This thread has appeared in the recent period. It is represented by many sites such as Depop and Gumtree Shpock, and each of them has become a huge name in the markets.
But despite all this, EBY is the leading company in the market. It was established in 1995, and it has followers from all countries through the ETSY website, which was established 10 years later, i.e., in 2005.
4. E-commerce from consumer to business (C2B):
This field is less common, as it is a model for the consumer and commercial activity, as the consumer may sell or contribute money to a specific company. The companies responsible for this type of trade are (Crowdsourcing, and Kickstarter) to finance their business inside.
5. E-commerce from the consumer to management (C2A):
This type of e-commerce contains many transactions between people and public administration, which are:
- Publishing and circulating information.
- Remote learning.
- Examples of tax declaration and payments.
- Payments for health services.
Advantages of electronic commerce:
- Low material cost.
- Continuous income 24 hours.
- Global sales.
- View the most requested products.
- Provide a place for your introverted customers.
- Access customer data and take advantage of it with ease.
Electronic commerce defects:
- Customers cannot buy products while disabled by the website.
- Customers cannot try products for fear of their results.
- When dealing with clients, you find them unsatisfied.
- The process of charging the products takes many times until you reach customers.
Thus, we have explained to you, dear, everything related to the concept of electronic commerce and its types and how to benefit from it in a correct and profitable way.